Headlines
Thank you to the Meaford Fire Department - Editor, Ironically, on the morning after everyone is to test their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, our carbon monoxide detector sounded. Knowing that my husband had just changed the batteries, I opened... Read more >
Fire still burning in Gogama, questions about derailment still unanswered - Investigators hope to get their first good look today at the wreckage of a fiery train derailment near Gogama, Ont. For the past two days, the heat of the flames... Read more >
Fire department report balances risk, cost - City politicians will consider eliminating minimum staffing, increasing response time and reducing the size of two platoons within the fire department. In a report to council this week, Fire Chief Grant... Read more >
Port's deputy chief job still simmering - The burning question — will Port Colborne get a new deputy fire chief? — is still simmering. A lack of political will — and politicians — sidelined the issue during a special city... Read more >
Sprinkler system credited with preventing extensive damage at Huntsville apartment - Fire crews are crediting sprinklers for preventing extensive damage at a Huntsville apartment complex. Joe Alzner lives on the main floor of an apartment... Read more >
Wage hike awarded to firefighters will impact future Cambridge property taxes - CAMBRIDGE — An arbitrated two-year collective agreement released Thursday between the City of Cambridge and its firefighters will definitely inflate future... Read more >
City backs Cornwall fire chief - CORNWALL - City brass has rallied around their embattled fire chief whose efforts have been criticized by firefighters representatives. The Cornwall Fire Fighters Association (FA) has pointed the finger at Fire Chief... Read more >
Fire service: get a carbon monoxide alarm - Protect yourself from the silent killer says fire chief - ST. CATHARINES —Property owners could soon be facing a fine if they don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm installed in their buildings. St... Read more >
Orangeville council chooses tourism over fire department needs - For the Orangeville Fire Department, the third time isn’t the charm. For the last three years, Fire Chief Andy Macintosh has asked council to approve spending $44,000 to hire a... Read more >
Elderly man dies after Compton Street apartment fire - Kingston Police confirmed Wednesday that an 87-year-old man perished in Tuesday evening’s fire at 107 Compton St. A total of eight people were transported to hospital with injuries... Read more >