LaSalle couple find charred sky lantern adjacent to house - Peter and Jean Glass were feeling lucky Monday morning that their home was undamaged after they discovered a partially charred sky lantern in their front yard. Peter, 85, and Jean, 83, have... Read more >
Kitchen fire brings downtown Pefferlaw to standstill - Downtown Pefferlaw was at a standstill for almost an hour due to a kitchen fire at a Pefferlaw Road residence Sunday, Sept. 15. G-PEFFERLAW FIRE... Read more >
London homicide victim found in fire aftermath - A probe into a early-morning fire Monday quickly became London’s fourth homicide investigation of the year, with a body found in the east-end house and a man detained for questioning. The... Read more >
Flirting with ending fire service - SOUTH RIVER – The Township of Joly was moved from the fire to the frying pan Monday. At the joint council meeting of the Township of Machar and the Village of South River an agreement to provide backup... Read more >
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP - For the first time, Hamilton Township has a full-time fire chief, leaving Alnwick / Haldimand Township as the only municipality without this position in Northumberland County. Kelly Serson took up his duties of the new... Read more >
North Perth Firefighter Memorial Unveiled - The North Perth Firefighter Memorial is “in honour of those who have fallen and dedicated to those who serve”. The monument was officially unveiled during an emotional ceremony in front... Read more >
Rooftop solar panels pose dangers, Ontario firefighters say - Firefighters across Ontario are raising concerns about alternative energy sources, particularly solar panels. Some say rooftop solar panels make it difficult to fight fires and can... Read more >
OPP investigate carbon monoxide death - (ARMOUR TWP) – Ontario Provincial Police are investigating a carbon monoxide death that occurred Sunday in Armour Township. Around 3:30 p.m., the Almaguin Highlands Ontario Provincial Police, the Burk... Read more >
IROQUOIS FALLS - A 66-year-old man who was injured in a fire at Anson General Hospital has died. James Smillie died in Sunnybrook hospital in Toronto on Monday where he was being treated for burns and other injuries sustained in the... Read more >
Two recent poisonings prompt warnings about propane products - CTV Barrie: New warnings about 'silent killer'.  Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer and two recent deaths in our area have prompted new warnings about the dangers... Read more >