Scugog firefighters among the first to receive COVID-19 vaccine DurhamRegion.com   A number of Scugog firefighters have now received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Scugog Fire Chief Mark Berney told councillors at the Feb. 22... Read more >
South Almaguin fire departments seeing increase in recruits North Bay Nugget   In South Almaguin, the five fire departments have 24 new recruits joining the ranks in 2021. Perry Township Fire Chief Dan Marshall normally sees two or... Read more >
Weekend fire in Iron Bridge leaves family homeless ElliotLakeToday.ca   The Iron Bridge community is rallying to raise funds for a family who lost their store and home in a fire Sunday afternoon. Plaid Pig Food Market is owned and... Read more >
Witless Bay lowers fire protection fees Welland Tribune   The Town of Witless Bay has voted to lower fire protection fees. To support a new multi year fire investment plan, which included the building of a new regional fire hall and... Read more >
‘If he had to do it all over again, he’d still be a firefighter’: Toronto platoon chief dies from cancer he developed after 36 years on the job Toronto Star   A 36-year veteran of Toronto Fire Services died this month... Read more >
Climbing on shore ice is risky business, experts say The Sarnia Journal   The Lake Huron shore is currently lined with inviting mountains of ice and snow, but residents should never attempt to climb on them, warns Sarnia Deputy Fire... Read more >
Fire crews tackle chimney fire at Severn home Simcoe.com   UPDATE: No one was hurt after a chimney fire started at a home on Wainman Line near Thorburn Road in Severn Township Feb. 23. Emergency crews were called around 1:40 p.m. after... Read more >
Fundraiser launched for children of Stratford family who "lost everything" in fire Stratford Beacond Herald    A fundraiser for three of the children whose family’s home was severely damaged by fire Tuesday is more... Read more >
St. Marys Fire Department receives generous donation from the St. Marys Lions Club News Release   The St. Marys Fire Department has the ability to add new equipment and a St. Marys Fire Department Wall of Fame to the new fire hall. It... Read more >
Welland kitchen fire causes more than $75,000 in damage at student housing residence St. Catharines Standard   Residents of a student housing unit in Welland are “very fortunate” to have escaped a fire Monday night without... Read more >