'It's taking its toll on us': Elgin fire victims homeless as they usher in the new year Yahoo News   While most people woke up Christmas morning and opened gifts under the tree, Wanda MacDonald, whose mobile home was... Read more >
Fire chief says stay off Lake Scugog, warns of unsafe ice  DurhamRadioNews   Stay off the ice on Lake Scugog, at least for now. That’s the message from Scugog Fire Chief Mark Berney, who says the ice isn’t thick enough... Read more >
Fire crew does rope rescue after a vehicle falls 30 metres over escarpment CBC   Emergency responders are on scene near the Sherman Cut this morning after a vehicle went over the Niagara Escarpment. The Hamilton Fire Department says... Read more >
Fire crews rescue snowmobiler from McCharles Lake Sudbury.com   A snowmobiler is lucky to have walked away from a very dangerous situation when his machine broke through the ice on McCharles Lake Road in Naughton today. The snowmobiler... Read more >
Garage fire in Valley most likely caused by hot ashes or coals; crash takes out hydro pole The Sudbury Star   An early morning garage fire in Valley East caused about $50,000 in damages, according to Deputy Fire Chief Jesse Oshell.... Read more >
ONE PERSON FOUND DEAD INSIDE HOME FOLLOWING FIRE WEDNESDAY NIGHT Newstalk 1010   A person has died following a house fire in the city's west end last night. The 2-alarm fire began at a home at Clovelly Avenue and Glenholme Avenue,... Read more >
Six years after a tragic death, a rash of Toronto encampment fires revives calls to hand out safer heat sources Toronto Star   It’s been nearly six years since Grant Faulkner died in a Toronto encampment — his lungs... Read more >
WELLAND FIREFIGHTERS QUICKLY TACKLE RUSHOLME ROAD FIRE 610 CKTB   Welland firefighters made quick work of a Rusholme Road fire. Fire Chief Adam Eckhart says a steel structure and an outbuilding were damaged during the blaze this... Read more >
Bracebridge Fire Department details how to keep your home safe this winter MyMuskokaNow   With more snow expected to fall in Muskoka this week, the Bracebridge Fire Department wants to make sure your home is safe – indoors and... Read more >
Fire department reminds residents to treat carbon monoxide alarms as an emergency DopplerOnline.ca   The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department recently responded to a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm activation that was called into the fire... Read more >