Headlines
Family of five in Quinte West hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning InQuinte.ca   A Quinte West family of five narrowly averted tragedy on Thanksgiving Monday after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning in their home. Quinte... Read more >
Napanee firefighters battle 2 fires that broke out at the same time InQuinte.ca   Napanee firefighters had their work cut out for them on Monday night. Deputy Fire Chief for Greater Napanee Bill Hammond tweeted their department... Read more >
Service charges free up firefighters for emergencies: Newmarket and Aurora fire chief YorkRegion.com   Starting this month, Central York Fire Services expanded its list of service charges. In addition to fees already in place for... Read more >
Three firefighters injured in blaze at Paris century home Gananoquereporter.com   A fire Saturday night that caused up to $1 million in damage to a Paris home is not considered suspicious. While the cause of the fire has yet to be... Read more >
Three firefighters injured in blaze at Paris century home Brantford Expositor   A fire Saturday night that caused up to $1 million in damage to a Paris home is not considered suspicious. While the cause of the fire has yet to be... Read more >
WASAGA BEACH FIRE CHIEF POINTS TO CARELESS SMOKING AS CAUSE OF TUESDAY MORNING HOUSE FIRE Barrie360   Nobody was hurt after a fire that started in the bedroom of a Wasaga Beach home. Wasaga Beach Fire Service was called to a home on... Read more >
WORKING SMOKE ALARM ALERTS FAMILY TO KITCHEN FIRE AT GRAVENHURST COTTAGE Barrie360   Fire damage of $1,000 may not seem like a big deal. But that’s not the point. One of the key reasons there was a positive outcome to a fire in a... Read more >
Paris home heavily damaged by fire Strathroy Age Dispatch   PARIS Fire heavily damaged a home at 38 Church St. in Paris on Saturday. Brant fire crews from the Paris and Airport stations responded at about 10 p.m. Fire Chief Geoff... Read more >
Guelph Fire caps off fire prevention week Saturday with live online Kahoot! quiz for kids GuelphToday.com   The Guelph Fire Department is trying some new ways to get fire safety messaging to kids now that it’s more challenging to... Read more >
Kitchen fires are leading cause of home fires Gananoque Reporter   Despite not being able to meet with local students and the public due to COVID-19, awareness is still the focus of Barrie Fire for Fire Prevention Week. The annual... Read more >