North Algona Wilberforce Fire Department: Smoke alarm saves man’s life
96.1 Renfrew Today
A smoke alarm saved a man’s life in North Algona Wilberforce this morning.

At about 1:10 am, firefighters responded to a structure fire on Tramore Road.

The long occupant of the residence woke to the sound of a smoke alarm and discovered a fire outside his bedroom.

He tried to put the blaze out with a fire extinguisher, but wasn’t able to and then called 911.

Fire crews were able to douse the blaze with water through the window and stuck around, checking for hot spots.

The North Algona Wilberforce Fire Department is using this incident to remind residents to test their smoke and fire alarms.



<back to Headlines