Headlines
$1M fire guts kitchen, bath business outside Brockville - A four-alarm fire gutted a Brockville-area business Friday night, causing around $1 million worth of damage. Firefighters from Elizabethtown-Kitley, Athens, Augusta and Front of Yonge... Read more >
More than a dozen cattle killed in raging Mapleton barn fire - A massive barn fire in Mapleton on Saturday night killed 19 cows. - Firefighters were called to the farm on Wellington Road 11 near Conestogo Lake Conservation Area just before... Read more >
Two women killed in Claymor Avenue blaze - At least 5 people rescued, including pregnant woman from south Ottawa home - Fire ripped through a west-end home early Saturday morning, killing two young women and leaving several others stranded... Read more >
News Release - Be Ready for a Winter Emergency-Ontario Government Reminding Families to Take Steps to Prepare Homes, Cars December 13, 2013 1:00 p.m.Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services As cold weather settles over Ontario and... Read more >
C.H extends fire chief’s contract - Centre Hastings council has extended its contract with its interim Fire Chief. Bob Branscombe was hired as an interim Chief recently after the municipality let full time Chief Stan Laton go. Last night... Read more >
Oshawa firefighters seeking 24-hour shifts Fire chief says issue is a ‘stumbling block’ in contract negotiations Oshawa Fire Services Sabrina Byrnes / Metroland OSHAWA -- Oshawa Fire... Read more >
Body pulled from scene of Hamilton house explosion - The Ontario Fire Marshal's office has confirmed that a body was found in the wreckage of the Wilson Street home levelled by explosion and fire Monday. A victim was pulled from the... Read more >
New deputy fire chief named - BRAMPTON— Brampton Fire and Emergency Services has a new deputy fire chief. Brian Maltby took over his new duties as Deputy Fire Chief— Staff Monday, Chief Andy MacDonald announced. He was a division... Read more >
2 children in hospital, 10 homeless after Vanier fire - Two small children were taken to hospital with injuries suffered after a kitchen fire damaged a multi-unit building in Vanier, which will leave 10 people homeless. Ottawa paramedics say they... Read more >
Fire officials remind people about dos and don’ts of dryers - The Oakville Fire Department is reminding residents to regularly maintain their household appliances to avoid a house fire. It comes in the wake of a recent dryer fire at an... Read more >