Headlines
Firefighters on scene of fatal house fire - Firefighters were still at the scene of a house fire on Park Avenue on Friday night. The fire, which claimed the life of one person, broke out just before 2:30 p.m. Firefighters, police and paramedics... Read more >
Woman dies after being rescued from house fire - Toronto police say a woman in her 80s has died in hospital after firefighters rescued her from a burning house near O’Connor Drive and St. Clair Avenue on Friday morning. After the woman was... Read more >
Update: Woman Killed In Apartment Fire - A 66-year-old woman has died following a fire in an apartment building at 3490 Ypres Ave. Windsor Assistant Chief  and Fire Prevention Officer John Lee says emergency crews were called to the blaze that... Read more >
Innisfil Fire Chief Randy Smith resigns - Innisfil’s fire chief is stepping down. Chief Randy Smith announced his resignation effective Jan. 3, 2014 today. Smith joined the Innisfil Fire and Rescue Services in 2011. He has taken a ... Read more >
Mapleton Township municipal building collapses after fire - Friday night was a challenging night for volunteer firefighters in Mapleton Township. Crews were called to two separate fires within hours of each other. The biggest blaze gutted and... Read more >
One dead in Whitby apartment fire - A wheelchair-bound man in his 60s was killed in an apartment fire Friday night. Residents of 225 Hickory St., a low-rise building northwest of Brock St. N. and Dundas St. E., say they had to leave their homes for... Read more >
East Gwillimbury hires new deputy fire chief - Ryan Jagoe is East Gwillimbury’s new deputy fire chief. Mr. Jagoe has more than 20 years experience in emergency services and joins the department from York Region Emergency Medical Services... Read more >
Ontario passes law making carbon monoxide detectors mandatory - Ontarians must buy carbon monoxide detectors for their homes and will enjoy more protection from aggressive door-to-door sales tactics and debt-settlement services under two laws passed... Read more >
Carbon monoxide detectors bill in all Ontario homes up for final vote - TORONTO Legislation that would make carbon monoxide detectors mandatory in all Ontario homes is up for final vote today. Progressive Conservative MPP Ernie Hardeman's... Read more >
Attawapiskat residents arrive in Kapuskasing after fire forces evacuation - Dozens of residents from the Attawapiskat First Nation have been flown to the town of Kapuskasing, after a fire tore through a trailer compound on the northern Ontario... Read more >