Aurora house fire caused by candle, fire marshal says cause accidental

Aurora house fire caused by candle, fire marshal says cause accidental
Yorkregion.com

A woman was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation following a small house fire in Aurora late last week.

A candle is being blamed for the fire on Maple Street, in the Yonge and Wellington area, Nov. 2 at about 7:30 p.m., according Stephanie Mackenzie-Smith, the town’s manager of corporate communications.
 
The Ontario Fire Marshal was called in to help with the investigation. The cause was determined to be accidental.
 
“When firefighters arrived on scene they were able to pull one female victim out of the home and extinguish a small fire,” a statement from the town said.
 
Twelve Central York firefighters and a platoon chief fought the fire, with York Regional Police, paramedics and local utilities crews also responding.